Wednesday, August 22, 2012

OWH Mid-Week Throwdown - Supply Challenge

This week over at Operation Write Home, the mid-week challenge is to create a card using patterned papers and either a die or a punch. 

Here was my first attempt:

Oops, guess I should have followed the rules more closely.  The butterflies are die cut (Spellbinders) from three colors of parchment patterned paper and accented with colored crystals.  The paper pattern is so subtle, it doesn't show up.  I love the card, but it doesn't fit the challenge. 

So, I tried again:





This one fits the challenge better!  Background paper from  DCWV Love and Wedding, embossed with a Fiskars plate.  I think the corners should be rounded, but I broke my corner rounder on the purple card.  Guess who gets to go shopping for a new punch!  Think I may have to upgrade to a chomper. 




5 comments:

  1. very pretty! Corner chompers are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if the pattern paper is subtle it still counts, so I think both of your cards are perfect for this challenge. I also love my Chomper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are terrific for the challenge! Sorry about the demise of your corner rounder - I love my corner chomper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a moment to realize there wasn't patterned paper on your first card, I would have missed it if you hadn't said anything :)

    I like both of your clean and classy cards!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the 3 colored butterflies against that rich, burgundy... even if it doesn't fit the challenge perfectly it's lovely! By the way...I just recently added a corner chomper to my tools and it's one of the best investments I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete