Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thing: Twine - Drunken Stampers Challenge 137

Challenge #137 over at Drunken Stampers is to create a card using twine. 

A half dozen of these is my "go to" hostess gift.  Clean and simple, with a nice personal touch. 


Confession time.  I cheat.  I use adhesive vinyl for the white circle and the letters.  On my cutter, I cut the circle, and then cut the letter inside the circle.  I place the letter onto a colored circle of cardstock, and the vinyl circle on a die cut scallop.  The vinyl has a bit of shine, and I never have glue goobers.  And no one is the wiser...

Twine is We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss.  Cuttlebug embossing folders.  1/2" corner chomper.  Card size is A2.  Font is Lucinda Handwriting.  I doubt I will use this font again for the letter "B",  I think it looks too much like Barbie!

6 comments:

  1. Those cards are very elegant! I love that you use these as a hostess gift! Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the embossing folders- and love your confession! It is not cheating- it is just being really clever with the tools you have! I did not even think of Barbie until you said it- I think it is a great font and very sophisticated cards! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for note cards. I love the use of the embossing folders Fabulous CAS note. thanks for playing along with the Drunken stampers for the Theme/twine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect idea for a hostess gift! The cards are lovely!! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week for the twine challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No cheating involved! Simply 'time frugal'! Love this for a hostess gift! Thanks so much for coming to play with the Drunken *hiccup* Stampers this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say using adhesive vinyl is smart, not cheating! ;) This set makes a perfect little gift for sure. Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete