Monday, November 18, 2013

OWH Bootcamp - How Does It Feel?

This month's cardmaking  lesson from Paula at Operation Write Home is about texture.  I love using tactile texture on my cards.  I use dry embossing on most of my cards, and wet embossing once in a while.  But Paula brings up another dimension of texture - visual texture that fools the eye into believing that something does have tactile texture, even when it doesn't.

Here is the outcome of my effort to add texture to my card:


My little alien is on a spring, and sits about 1/2" off of his moon.  Can you see his shadow below?  The moon is textured paper with inked edges and epoxy dots for craters.  The background paper is a mottled blue (I didn't have anything that resembles space or stars, but I think this worked), dry embossed with a Darice folder, then inked with white pearl.  The bigger stars are cut from silver paper, and the sentiment is printed using Jokerman font.  The card base is navy on the outside (I know, it looks black), and white on the inside.

Hmm.  I really liked this card, but my husband just walked by and said he doesn't "get" the sentiment.  Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable Bobbi! I not only think the blue background paper works well with this design, it's a perfect example of visual texture. I had to look twice and read carefully to see if you inked it to get the effect. Love the clear dots added onto the moon too. Really fun! Thanks for joining in. :)

    ReplyDelete