Saturday, May 2, 2015

Shopping Our Stash - Opposites

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to create something in a style that is opposite of our usual style.  I am a pretty CAS girl.  I love layers, but don't care for fussy patterned paper.  I love ink, but coloring is tough for me.  I love kraft, but the vintage look is NOT me.  So, here is my opposite card:

Layers, but way more than usual.  Fussy patterned paper from DCWV Linen mat stack, embossed with an old Fiskars texture plate.  Heat embossed pincushion and sentiment, colored with watercolor pencils.  Kraft, as vintage element, not earthy as I usually use.  Unity image and sentiment.  SU! ribbon, Marvy punch for buttons, and Spellbinders die cuts.  Be sure to check out the May Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com challenge in honor of National Photography month - Say Cheese!!

3 comments:

  1. Well I would say your really challenged yourself and was very successful at it. This card is darling. I understand you and I am a CAS girl by nature also. Have a fun Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an excellent job of creating within a genre (and a few other things) that is not your usual choice! The composition is excellent and your choice of papers and embellishments is spot on! Thanks for taking the Opposite challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fanstastic job! I would never guess that all those things weren't your cup of tea! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Opposite Day" challenge!

    ReplyDelete