Monday, July 4, 2016

Male Room - Buttons

The Male Room challenge is to use buttons.  Thanks to my Mom, I have enough buttons to last three (or thirty) lifetimes.  I wanted to play with some non-traditional Christmas colors, and I am so happy with this result!!
SU! Loads of Love image and sentiment, DCWV Christmas paper from 2015, Operation Write Home sketch #45.  I mixed different watercolors until I came up with the right teal for the truck and added grey button hubcaps.  My siblings tell me our Dad had a truck this color in the 1950s. 

6 comments:

  1. Super card, love your papers and different colour for the Christmas card, great use of the buttons. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, love your papers and different colour for the Christmas card, great use of the buttons. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card with buttons you made :-)) I like your image and how you add the buttons.
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room! Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card came out great with those button hubcaps> I found that I really like the non-traditional colors for the holidays more and more each year. Someone will really enjoy receiving this darling card. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to look hard to spot those buttons- what a great way to use them! Like the colours you have used too, this is a fab guy card, thanks for joining in at TMR
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the truck!

    ReplyDelete